Thursday, September 20, 2007

Dream Life

path to dream studio


dream studio

Where have my days gone? Lately, I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed. The studio remains clean and quiet. It beckons me to come in and I want to. I really want to but this has been my pattern as of late: I would come in, check the drying shelf, look at what is left to glaze, and then walk back out. I cannot muster up the energy to do anything in the studio. With a 9-5 job, home renovation, some traveling, gardening, and training for a couple of up coming races, I get tired by the end of the day, so much so that simple chores like doing the dishes have become a struggle. This is not how I had envisioned my life to be. I dream of living on a farm with a few chickens flocking around. A typical day would start off with a cup of coffee and a laptop (to check current events, emails, etc...), followed by a quick run around the neighborhood. I then take a short walk through the garden to my studio to work until lunch time. For lunch, I whip up a delicious meal on the fly using what is available in the garden at the time. Its fresh aroma would filled the kitchen and drives my cat crazy (and me too!). Afterwards, I head back into the studio and work until evening. Of course, in my perfect world, I would not have to clean the chicken coop, upkeep the house, make multiple stops to the post office to mail my work, or do the laundry. A girl can dream, can't she?

Pictured above is my dream garden and studio. Isn't it perfect? Just looking at it makes me feel calm and inspiring at the same time.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Your dream sounds just like mine! I tell my SO all the time, that I want to build a straw bale house in the country, raise goats and have chickens that lay blue eggs. Meanwhile, I would walk across the yard to my fully equipped studio and make fabulous ceramic work with abandon...

*sarahdippity said...

I'm dreaming right on with you Chi! My every day life is pretty much exactly as yours ... filled with things I have to do and not things I want to do. And then time just seems to fly by so fast, there seems to never be enough time in a day. I'm craving a change toward "the dream life" too ... but reality makes everything seem so far of reach sometimes. Though it costs nothing to keep on dreaming, right?! And it costs too much not to. :)

Let's keep on dreaming and "hiking" toward our dreams then! The journey can be just as beautiful (if not more so) as the destination!

Chi said...

Cynthia, you're speaking my mind! I'm crazy about goats and blue eggs. Uh, the thought makes me so happy. Maybe we can be neighbors someday and our goats and chickens can play with one another.

Sarah, dream we must! I'm so glad I'm not alone with the silly dream life. And yes, the journey is as beautiful.

*sarahdippity said...

btw, chi ... this dream path looks like your cottage garden now! :)