Friday, June 22, 2007

Colorful Tassels

As you know, I have a love for all things "rooster". Last year, I wanted to buy this tassel from charleskeath.com. It was priced at $29.99, but after shipping costs and tax, was closer to $40! Being a cheapo and a creative sort of person, I decided to make one myself. First, I needed wooden tassel heads. I surfed online and found a store in Berkley, California that sold some in a variety of sizes. I then went to a local craft store and bought an assortment of bright colorful threads meant for embroidery. Armed also with permanent magic markers, I set out to make some tassels and had a lot of fun. Below are pictures of a few. They turned out quite popular and I ended up giving many to friends as Christmas presents. These tassels were about 7 inches in length.



5 comments:

Cynthia said...

Very inventive! I like your tassels better than the other ones.

whitney smith said...

Hi Chi,
thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments. You have some great work happening here-- keep it up!

Chi Le (aka Peppa) said...

Thanks Cynthia and Whitney, your encouragements keep me going!

h2okatcher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sarah said...

Lucky me! I have one of these gorgeous tassels now hanging on our living room armoire! Thanks Chi!