Monday, August 20, 2007

Fruit Bowl


It took three attempts for me to make the fruit bowl above. The first two times, I made huge dents while trying to get the batt off the pottery wheel. Does anyone else experience this problem? Needless to say, once I got the third bowl off the wheel, I immediately put it on the shelf and didn't dare touch it again. The vegetable designs were made from molds, which I bought off the internet. I then attached them to the bowl using a bit of slip.

Fruit bowl: Earthenware, 11" diameter

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

You know, I've been throwing my larger bowls and leaving them on a bat while they dry to try to keep the warping at bay. That may be causing my cracking problem, however since things dry so fast here and we have such low humidity.

Like the little sprigs!